Croeso i Blywddyn Dau! Dosbarth Sycamore a Spruce ydy ni.
Welcome to Year 2! We are Sycamore and Spruce Class.
Come aboard with us and journey along the seas! We are so excited to share all about our learning with you. Our new context for learning this term is 'Quest'. There will be lots of exciting learning opportunities. Our focus is all about pirates!
We began by immersing the children in all things pirates! We had a letter sent from Privateer X. We don't know their identity, or where they are, but we are journeying together to find out who they are.
In the following weeks, the pupils will be provided with opportunities to experience:
- Undertaking an independent quest on something they would like to learn about
- Asking good questions and discovering new things through play
- Learning about Barti Ddu, a very famous Welsh pirate
- Programming and following a treasure map using Beebots
- Explore properties of materials to make a boat
- Understanding events that have happened in the past
- Exploring maps and globes
- Using creative skills to create pirate portraits
- Looking at our actions and exploring what is right and wrong